The Digital Shift of B2B Commerce
For companies engaging in B2B commerce, the shift toward digital solutions has opened the door to a new set of opportunities – i.e., the ability to cut overhead costs and provide a more efficient buying experience for customers. However, businesses using outdated, inflexible and siloed platforms find it difficult to:
- Interact with customers and gain a deeper understanding of their needs.
- Integrate CRM customer data with commerce technology, leaving gaps in information.
- Keep operating costs low.
For B2B businesses suffering from these setbacks, it’s time to reevaluate current B2B commerce software and invest in an agile, customer-centric solution.
How to Keep Up with the Changing B2B Commerce Landscape
Despite the transformative digital changes made to B2B commerce, legacy systems have been unable to keep up. A recent study from CloudCraze revealed that over 65 percent of businesses are relying on outdated commerce systems. These platforms lack the flexible, personalized features that can drastically improve customers’ buying experience and maximize commerce revenue.
B2B businesses need technology that is flexible, scalable and focuses on creating a seamless omni-channel experience for customers. What does this technology look like?
- Robust commerce platforms help businesses better understand customers. Access to data like buying behaviors, demographics and sales patterns provides a full picture of customers. Look for commerce technology that provides real-time data. Applying this information to marketing and sales strategy can strengthen revenue streams and improve customer satisfaction.
- Simplified technology eliminates the need to build and maintain complex integrations. Antiquated commerce technology is difficult to maintain, especially if it operates separately from CRM tools. Businesses need a platform that doesn’t require two systems to communicate, but rather houses everything on one centralized platform. That means less time and fewer monetary resources spent on building and maintaining complex integrations.
- Intuitive B2B commerce platforms allow businesses to go to market faster than initially expected. It can take months (or years) to begin driving sales with a new commerce platform built on a legacy system. Instead, businesses should look to CRM-based commerce solutions. Zero integration means technology is deployed within weeks, and companies are in front of customers and generating revenue faster.
Say Hello to CloudCraze, B2B Commerce’s Latest Innovation
B2B companies feel increased pressure to perform via digital channels. At CloudCraze, we wanted to provide a commerce platform that made digital selling simple and hassle-free. Unlike its predecessors, our solution is built natively on Salesforce, one of the most trusted CRM platforms in the world.
CloudCraze is entirely secure, compliant and scalable. To learn more about the shift in B2B commerce fill out the form to the right to download our report, “The B2B Digital Commerce Imperative.”