How to Select a Cloud-Based eCommerce Platform
One cloud-based eCommerce platform is basically the same as the next, right? Not by a long shot. There is a wide range of cloud eCommerce platforms on the market and many simply don’t offer the robust slate of capabilities your organization requires.
To stay ahead of the curve, you need a cloud-based eCommerce partner that understands the challenges you’re up against. Even better, you need a partner that understands your customers and helps make the buying process a more useful and intuitive experience.
Finding the Right Cloud eCommerce Platform Partner
A cloud-based eCommerce platform is a big decision and you can’t afford to get it wrong. But selecting the right cloud eCommerce platform isn’t easy. Here’s what you need to look for when you’re in the market for a new eCommerce technology partner.
- Cloud-based – An obvious, must-have feature in eCommerce technology is that it must be truly cloud based. Slapping a SaaS label on a generic, run-of-the-mill solution isn’t enough. You want a trusted cloud eCommerce platform with robust architecture built to handle the rigors of today’s digital commerce ecosystem.
- Integrations – It’s important that your legacy solutions function seamlessly with your eCommerce cloud technology instead of creating complex, difficult-to-maintain integrations. But the best platforms take it a step further. At CloudCraze, we’ve designed a platform that is native on Salesforce, optimizing the value of data and existing technology in your organization.
- Fast Deployment – The market moves quickly and you don’t have time to waste. The last thing you need is a cloud-based eCommerce platform that takes months to deploy. To eliminate delays, narrow your search to providers that help you earn revenue from your commerce technology as quickly as possible, making it easy to iterate as needed.
- Unified View of Customer – Data matters. Expect your cloud eCommerce platform to not only deliver data in real time, but to present a 360-degree view of the customer. By enabling interactions across commerce, sales, marketing and service, your platform can provide the data and insights you need to improve revenue and loyalty through better customer engagement.
- Scalability – Growth is good. Outgrowing your technology isn’t. One of the benefits of a proven, cloud-based eCommerce platform is that it rapidly scales to required functions, products, channels and transactions, so that the platform you rely on today is the same platform you can rely on tomorrow.
The cloud commerce market is a crowded space, filled with technology vendors that promise the moon. A good way to determine if a specific provider lives up to its promises is to examine its client portfolio. Cloud eCommerce providers that stand out from the crowd are trusted by some of the world’s most recognized brands.
CloudCraze: A Cloud-Based eCommerce Platform You Can Count On
At CloudCraze, we understand the challenges you’re up against. Our cloud-based eCommerce platform equips many of the world’s largest brands (GE, Coca-Cola, Land O’Lakes) with agile, robust technology that is native on Salesforce and designed to help you stay fully connected to your customers.
To learn more about how cloud commerce is transforming the B2B sales function, fill out the form to the right to download our eBook, “Winning in the Age of the Connected Customer.”