Written by Phil Weinmeister | Feb 24, 2016
If you made it past the dramatic title and are reading this, it’s a safe bet that you have some vested interest in Salesforce, whether as a user, admin, developer, manager, decision maker, etc. Even if you’re focused strictly on eCommerce and are taking a look at the CloudCraze blog, you’re in that category. We (CloudCraze) reside on the Salesforce platform; if you want to fully grasp CloudCraze, you need to understand Salesforce.
So, what’s the deal with the “trail” I mentioned? It’s a new Trailhead trail fresh off the factory line the from the good folks at Salesforce and it’s more critical than you might think. And here’s what might throw you off – it won’t teach you a single practical skill that you can apply when you get back to your favorite org after this quick read. That’s right. It will not teach you how to:
- Develop custom applications using Apex
- Create lightning components
- Manage your Salesforce instance
- Build solutions with clicks, not code
Don’t worry, there are many other trails for those gems.
This trail, labeled “Navigating the Salesforce Advantage,” contains what is arguably the most important Trailhead content yet. It ensures that you can answer this uber-important question: “Why Salesforce?” The why might come in slightly different formats — “Why is my company using Salesforce?,” “Why am I developing on Salesforce?,” and “Why are we building solutions on Salesforce?” come to mind — but the answer is exactly the same.
The trail contains the following modules:
- Salesforce Success Model – Learn who Salesforce is and our vision for driving customer success
- Salesforce Cloud Benefits – Understand the flexibility of a “complete” CRM that evolves with your business needs
- Salesforce Technology Basics – Get a peek under the hood of our core technology model based on trust and innovation
- Salesforce Ecosystem – Witness the awesomeness of our incredible partner ecosystem and customer community
Here’s a sneak peek at piece the second module:
You even get a section called “Demystifying Metadata” in the Understanding the Power of Metadata module!
Now is it all starting to make sense? When clients, colleagues, partners, prospects, analysts, or anyone comes to you and ask, “Why Salesforce”, you need to be able to articulate an accurate, concise response and this trail will get you there.
Ready, set, blaze away. Happy trails!
Access the Trailhead trail now: Navigating the Salesforce Advantage